The Doctor is In!
Did you love “Lucy the Psychiatrist” in the Peanuts comic strip as much as I did? Lucy’s brash self-confidence is juxtaposed with Charlie Brown’s shyness and perpetual self-doubt. Taken together, these two aspects could represent the poles of energy we all experience – our confident assertive thoughts and actions verses the negative ruminations that would stop us from asserting our competence and following our dreams. In this latter place, how tempting it is to look to others for their ideas and opinions. But, I’m reminded by Lucy’s sign that, “advice is cheap”- only 5 cents, and even a child can provide it.
How much better to look to our own deep intuitive wisdom to guide us in life. As a life coach, my work is to facilitate you in doing just that. After the early sessions to discover your Essence and Life Purpose, I’ll guide you in designing a life based on passion, freedom, and
the manifestation of your own dreams.
I know it’s possible. As a clinical psychologist for over thirty-five years, I’d had two psychoanalyses and years of psychotherapy to combat a history of depression. But it was the last eight years of coaching that allowed me to complete a book six- months ahead of schedule, find the love of my life, create a successful additional career as an ontological life coach, and most important, feel joy and appreciation every single day.
Now that the New Year is no longer new, what are you itching to change, to explore, to create? Hiring a coach can help you focus and discover what’s next. As one of our early motivational speakers, Jim Rohn, said:
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.”
He also said, “Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills.”
Professional coaching can provide you with the skills to release old patterns and limitations, and support you in creating a vision that you can live into powerfully. To quote Deepak Chopra:
“The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.”
Some years ago, I had a children’s series of stories featuring Asa the Baby Elephant. I named the little elephant Asa because the name, in Hebrew, means “teacher,” “healer,” or “physician.” The implication here is that we are all capable and called-upon to heal ourselves. In fact, the ancient Biblical saying, “Physician heal thyself,” is closely allied to the ancient wisdom-teaching, “Know thyself.” And I would add, “Believe in yourself.”
I would love to be your coach and facilitate you in creating the next chapter in your life. Call or email to set up a complimentary introductory phone session. And read some of the following descriptions of how coaching has impacted the lives of some of my clients:
- “I will be forever grateful for the gift you have given me, Gail – the key to my very own inner strength and wisdom” Carla R. -Teacher
- “Dr. Feldman: Thank you for helping me shine a little light on the blocks to my greater achievement. I now know I can accomplish anything I set out to. I feel like I’ve sprouted wings.” Christine M. -Business Owner
- “Dear Gail: You have been a dynamic force in my life. You have taken me through a supportive, yet complex un-layering of work-life-balance issues to reveal my true essence. From that place, you’ve encouraged me to see the grandest vision of my life’s purpose. Each session has been an Aha! moment giving momentum to my goals and desires.” Dr. Lori E., Physician
- “I feel like a different person! Almost a Scrooge-like transformation. Thank you, Gail, for facilitating this huge life change.”- John D., Musician
- “Thank you for your gift of insight and knowing. You have made my coaching a tremendous journey and I know the best is yet to come.” Sarah R. –Fire Fighter
- “My coaching with Gail not only helped me develop a new outlook on life- I was also able to manifest a new job!” Marlene F. –Executive Secretary
- “Thank you so much for sharing the life coaching experience with me. The practices I learned are life changing for my stress management and overall wellbeing. The visioning, goal and reward setting processes were invaluable and will help keep me motivated. You were a pleasure to work with, your joy and passion for life and learning are contagious and inspirational. It was so helpful to my growth–physical, mental, emotional and spiritual!” Ana B. –Author & Business Owner
“Deciding to partner with Dr. Feldman as a life coach has proven to be a wise decision with an enormous return on my investment. Although I consider myself a motivated and disciplined individual, I nonetheless recognize I create the obstacles that prevent me from achieving my personal and professional goals. Working with Dr. Feldman as a life coach has cultivated my awareness, acknowledgement and appreciation for my essence and life’s purpose. This cultivation is enabling me to live more skillfully and to shift my energy away from self-created obstacles to open doors of possibility and living my best life. I am grateful for Dr. Feldman.” –Karen C. –Attorney, Author
- “Your kindness, support and wisdom as my coach have led to more happiness than I’ve known in years.” Nancy H. -Psychologist
- “You have done such an excellent job coaching and always had the resources, knowledge and intuition to combat any situation. You have made some very difficult times much easier and meaningful. And you have given me many tools to help me operate from my essence. I thank you tremendously for your expertise and friendship.” -Beth B., Attorney
* “Thank you for all the seeds of wisdom and the insight you share with me to help me to see more clearly what my heart is desiring, and the encouragement to continue to pursue it. You are the best! With much gratitude.” – Liz A., Photographer
* “Since starting coaching, I’ve accomplished a number of goals related to clarity, perspective, and balance. I’ve become healthier, with a greater sense of well- being. I’ve faced several very difficult interpersonal situations and have created a new, more positive reality for myself. I’m happier, more productive, and truly enjoying the fruits of my labor. I recommend coaching for anyone who sometimes feels overwhelmed with the many important and pressing priorities in their lives. Having someone to share and collaborate with can make a profound difference. It has for me.”
-Keith H., CEO
- Gail has been a great coach for me and helped me to make significant progress towards my goals. One of the things I especially appreciate about Gail is that she provides me with concrete tools and behaviors that I can implement and then follow up with her on my progress. She helps me not only in working towards my goals, but in raising my own awareness levels about how some of my own unconscious beliefs are getting in my way. Gail takes the time to work with the whole person (our physical, emotional, and spiritual selves) and not just merely focus on a single issue or two. She brings years of experience, research and personal expertise to the process of coaching, which provides her clients with a wealth of approaches and benefits. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking coaching, either for personal growth and development, or to help move forward on specific goals or issues.
–Michael D., Management Consultant
I look forward to discussing my coaching services with you.